Friday 11 November 2016

Bilgi Bakes | Winter Wonderland Cinnamon & Spice Biscuits

This year I seem to be getting into the festive mood earlier than I have done previously. This may be because Christmas is such a lovely time so this year I have subconsciously decided I am going to be fully making the most of it. So I'm starting early. November to be exact. To begin the festive frivolity, I spent part of my afternoon baking some Winter Wonderland Cinnamon and Spice biscuits. You might have seen some of my other baking marvels, Christmas Pudding Cookies and Autumnal Spiced Toffee Apple Cake, to name but a couple of the seasonally themed bakes I have done before (well worth a look if you're in a baking / eating mood!) I've included my recipe below for these biscuits so you can give them a whirl too, if you so desire.

 
 

 
What you will need:
200g Self Raising Flour
100g butter or margarine
100g of golden Demerara sugar
1 free range or organic egg
1tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2tsp of ground mixed spice
a few drops of good quality vanilla extract
icing sugar to decorate
 
Tools:
rolling pin
festive cookie cutters
baking paper
trays
 
1. What makes this recipe so good is that it is really easy to follow. I rustled these up in no time at all. Start by adding the flour, margarine / butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and combine using a wooden spoon until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
 
2. Follow this step by adding the egg, spices and vanilla extract. Once mixed, form into a round and on a lightly floured surface, roll out.
 
3. I like using lots of different cookie cutters because I think it's fun but if you've only got one kind just go for that and press them out.
 
4. Place on the paper lined trays and bake in a moderately heated oven (180 degrees centigrade) for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
 
5. Wait until cooled (if you can!) and decorate with a bit of icing or 'snow'!
 
Are you feeling more festive? Of course you are! 
 


 
sugar and spice and all things nice

 
What're your favourite bakes over the festive season? Let me know in the comments below and send me links to your baking creations, I'd like to see them! Bilgi x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Coconut Couture | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig