Sunday 18 February 2018

Bilgi Bakes | Apricot, Cranberry & Honey Flapjacks

 
Happy Sunday! As it is the weekend, I have been busy baking (many of you will already know that it is one of my favourite things to do when I have a bit of free time!) and on this particular occasion, I have been making flapjacks. They're wholesome, oaty and packed full of goodness! With a whirl wind of healthy eating recipes out there, I wanted to give something that was tasty but also good for you a go and this is what I have come up with! Okay, they do have a drizzle of dark chocolate on them, but I figure since dark chocolate is renowned for boosting mood as well as being packed full of health boosting antioxidants, it's okay to have a little bit! I've used dried cranberries and apricots in mine, as well as honey as the natural sweetener. I wanted to pack in a protein hit with these too, so that they are a perfect snack, so I have used 100g of freshly ground almonds in them too, so that they are a good balance of carbs and proteins to keep you fuller for longer. Plus they're really tasty so that's a plus!
 

 
Ingredients
110g rolled oats
70g runny honey
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
70g dried apricots, chopped
30g dried cranberries
100g of ground almonds
100g of margarine
 
Optional
5 squares of good dark chocolate, melted for drizzling on top
 
How To Make Them
1. Start by blitzing the 100g of almonds. Then set aside.
 
2. Mix the margarine, vanilla and honey together.
 
3. Add the oats, almonds and dried fruits.
 
4. Thoroughly combine together.
 
5. Place in a baking parchment lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 190 degrees centigrade or until nice and golden.
 
6. Allow to cool and then drizzle with the melted chocolate.
 
7. Cut into small flapjack squares and enjoy!  
 
 
If you like this recipe, you may also like to try out Winter Berries and Cherries scones
 

 
Let me know if you give this recipe a go! If you want to see more of my bakes, you can check them out here! Bilgi   x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Coconut Couture | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig